I met Alan in January of 2007 when I was working as a nutrition and exercise consultant. He was my client. The first thing I noticed about him (besides how tall he was) was how confident he was. He really was so confident! He was also so easy going and laid back. It had me intrigued! I found myself really getting ready for work as apposed to pulling my hair back and grabbing the first thing I could find in my closet to wear. I would ask my roommate to help me pick something out to wear for the next day (the day he came in) and would actually do my hair that day. I would also block his appointments out for an hour which turned into an hour and a half.
We spent the first few appointments flirting and a lot of our time was spent getting to know each other. About a month in he decide to ask me out but wanted to make sure I was interested before he asked. So after his appointment one day he sent me a text that read 'I want chocolate cake. Help!' He wanted to see if I would respond. He didn't know me well enough to sense my sarcasm. I responded with a 'Go ahead and eat it! Get fat! See if I care.' No response. Apparently he thought I was being serious. So he ignored my text. As I was going to bed that night I sent him a text and asked if he knew I was kidding. He played it cooled and acted like he had gotten busy and forgot. We had a long conversation via text messaging. He asked me out and I said no. He was my client and I wanted to wait until he was done with his sessions (which would be in April). I was also scared. Scared because I some how knew he was the one and it scared me.
Apparently it didn't scare me that much because a week later after his appointment I asked him if he wanted to grab lunch since my next appointment had canceled. He was shocked but happily accepted. We went to subway and talked for about 2 hours! I decided I wanted April to come early. There was just something so different about him. I wanted to date him. So the next day we were instant messaging and I asked him to meet me for lunch. Then the following day was Valentine's Day and we went to a movie. Two days after we went on a double date. We had such a great time and really hit it off.
The next day he was off to Florida for business for almost a week. We talked on the phone for 3 plus hours a night. We talked about everything. I couldn't wait to talk to him every night after work.
We got serious fast! I met his family about a month later and his son about 6 weeks in. Alan is a very private person. He doesn't really introduce anyone to his family and I was the first he had introduced to his son. We started talking marriage in May and were married November 2nd.
I knew Alan was perfect for me for so many reasons! It just felt right. Our relationship was so easy! We got along so well and I knew early on he was the guy for me.
Some reason's why I love Alan so much:
1. He's really easy going. He lets most things just roll off his back.
2. He's very patient with me.
3. He knows how to calm me down when I'm mad and make me happy when I am sad.
4. He loves me on my good days AND my bad days.
5. He always puts my needs first which makes it so easy to put his needs first.
6. He really listens to me (except when watch sports) :)
7. He makes me laugh and he actually laughs at my jokes.
8. He's a great cook!
9. He appreciates me.
10. He's so smart and so hard working.
11. He makes me feel like I am the most important thing in his life.
12. He goes to see movies with me that I know he really doesn't want to see but does it because he know I really want to see it.
13. He really does treat me like gold (except when he's watching sports). I'm just kidding!
14. He's so easy to talk to. People that hardly know him tell him their secrets because he's that easy to talk to.
15. He's very loyal.
16. He would do anything for me and for those he loves. I know I can always count on him for anything I need.
17. He doesn't think I cry very much! The reason is because he doesn't make me cry.
18. He admits when he's wrong and works hard to fix it when he is.
19. He's a great dad.
20. He humor's me when I'm telling him something that I know he doesn't care about but pretends he cares anyway.
21. He puts the toilet seat down, most the time.
22. When we are driving, he patiently listens as I change the radio station 20 times a minute and I know it drives him crazy!
23. He listens to me when I complain that I feel fat and tells me I'm not, over and over and over again with out getting annoyed.
24. He speaks his mind. There is nothing fake about him.
25. He does things he doesn't want to do for me but does them because he knows they are important to me.
26. He really is a softy. He has a big heart and is so sweet. You wouldn't know that about him but he really is!
I could keep going and going about him! He really is such a wonderful husband and I am so lucky to be married to him! I love you Alan and look forward to many more years with you!
Monday, June 16, 2008
Alan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
You are a lucky girl! I remember not wanting to get serious with Stan because I knew he was the one and that was scary!
Definitely! I love being blog buds!
Post a Comment