Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Secret


"ALL THAT WE ARE IS THE RESULT OF WHAT WE HAVE THOUGHT"

-Buddha-

I'm sure most of you have heard of The Secret. I love it! A friend gave it to me on CD about a year ago and it's just been sitting in my car. I've seen the DVD and have heard the CD before. I've always thought it was a great concept. But that is it. Just kind of left it at that. Well about a week or two ago, I decided to play it in my car and listen to it everywhere I go. Wow, what a difference it has made in my life. It has made me more aware of my thoughts and how easy it is to be negative. I've listened to it over and over and over again. Something I need to do to really absorb it, I guess. I have been so much more positive this week and it has made such a difference in my life. Everyday I focus on what I am grateful for and it has really opened my eyes to how blessed my life really is and continues to be.

One example of how I've applied The Secret in my life is through my workouts. I love to workout. It's just my thing. I realised this last week that I've been so negative about my fitness level the last year or two and as a result of those thoughts, my fitness level has really diminished. So everyday before I go to the gym I've been focusing on how strong and athletic I am and I've been able to push through my workouts so much harder. This has made me so excited to go to the gym everyday and see how much harder I can push. That's just one example. Every morning I write down all I am grateful for that day and make a decision to be positive. If you haven't heard of The Secret, you should get it. I recommend the CD because it has more information on it. Listen to it often and apply it in your life. I promise it will make such a difference and you will love it as much as I do.

2 comments:

Laralee Anderson said...

Sister,
You know what a believer I am. It goes on so many levels too. People treat you the way you allow them to treat you. Your life takes the direction that you expect it to take. I could go on for hours. I am so glad you now know... ;)

Rachel Teran said...

It did help me "realize" I needed to bring you 'The Last Lecture' didn't it? :)