I've kinda been dreading this post because I actually have to admit my baby is 9 months old. Where does the time go? I'm trying to enjoy every day because it goes by faster and faster. Time just won't slow down and I really want it to, for a little while. I'm seriously going to be a wreck when he turns one. Haha, what's wrong with me?! I was a little sad on the 4th of July because that was his 9 month mark. Time, please slow down!
Anyway, here is an update of my little bubba.
7 months old
8 months
9 months
He's just starting to get used to the grass. Used to be afraid of it till this week. Now it just makes him nervous.

Huh?

He is ALL boy! He loves playing ball. He can actually pick the ball up and throw it back to you. This makes his daddy oh so proud. Hmm, what sport will he excel at? No pressure AJ!


I love spending time with him. He's always making me laugh, smile and is always melting my heart.
One of my favorite things about him is his hair. I can't get enough of the mop on top of his head. Precious! I also can't get enough of his facial expressions. Here are just a few I captured...



Seriously? To die for!


He LOVES to eat! He averages about 3 jars of baby food per meal! NINE jars a day! What will my grocery bill look like when he's 16? Better start saving up.

When he eats, he stomps his foot on the counter like thumper. Just can't get enough of it. Except for green beans and peas. Not a fan.

We get food in my hair, his hair, forehead, hands, just about everywhere.

Look at those cheeks. I could eat them up! He loves his giraffe that his Nana gave him. Just about the only real toy he still plays with.

He always props his foot up like this when we go for a walk. I love it.

He doesn't really like toys. He likes basically anything that is not a toy. I keep having to get creative and give him new things to stimulate him, then after a few days, he's over it.
Straws, lids, remotes, Alan's phone (which he slobbered to death and broke it), measuring cups and spoons, whisks, spoons and mom's car keys and wallet are among his favorites.

He loves to hit himself in the head with things and looks at me with this face when it hurts and he can't figure out why it hurts. He'll just sit there and hit himself over and over. He also loves to butt heads with me. Over and over, he will just bang his head to mine. It's his way of saying 'I love you' and his way of giving me kisses.

This is his sad, pathetic sick face. :( Whenever he's sick he looks like this and just lays on me. Poor little guy. Just kills me.

Love his face when it's wrapped up in his towel. He's too delicious!

He can't get enough of his little lamb. Can't sleep without it either. He won't cuddle with people, just the lamb. When he's in his crib crying himself to sleep, he'll stop for a second to rub the lamb's ear or tail on his face (oh so gently) and then will go back to crying.
He loves to swing at the park. He loves to kick back and observe. He's just like his dad. Perfectly content just sitting there and enjoying everything around him, just observing the world, taking it all in.

He's such a charmer. Just check out this look. He knows how to work people and make them melt. We go to the gym every day and the ladies in the day care LOVE him. Almost every time I walk in, there is an employee telling me how much they love AJ and what a sweet, easy going baby he is. I couldn't agree more!
He LOVES his dad. So much so that sometimes it makes me feel bad. Haha! I mean what am I? Chop liver? When he's with us both, he only wants Alan. They have this special bond which I find really sweet. AJ loves the guys. He can't get enough of Alan, my brother's, even my cousin that he met and within a minute wanted nothing to do with me. Just wanted my cousin. Alan is among his favorites, of course. Alan works so much that when he's home, AJ can't take his eyes off him and when he leaves, AJ screams bloody murder. It's heart breaking and sweet all at the same time. He's a daddy's boy. Just the way he stares at Alan is so tender. When Alan feeds him, he rubs his face like this. It's his way of showing him he loves his daddy.
We love bath time. He screams and squeals in delight. Especially when I pour water on his head. He thinks it's the funniest thing ever.

He sleeps in interesting positions. This is how I used to sleep when I was little. Now how did his sock make it across his crib? Silly kid!


He loves going on walks. Very relaxing for him.



He makes this face when he's getting ready to screaming in delight (which he likes to do when he's so excited!) or when I spray water on his face (which he loves).


He loves to going in rides in the laundry basket.

Bonding with dad in dad's new 'midlife crisis.' He gets excited to get in the vette with dad. Hmm, will he have a car obsession like his dad?
Can't get enough of dad. Always wants Alan to hold him. Alan can never put him down with him screaming.
Again with that charming face.


This is his awesome bed head

He's not crawling yet and is extremely frustrated over it. Because he can't get far, he is constantly wanting to be held and played with. I think (I hope) once he crawls, he'll become just a bit more independent. We'll see.
He never knows what he wants. He is always reaching out his hands to be picked up but once you pick him up, he's pushing you away wanting to get down. His new thing is he loves to roll over on his stomach when he's getting his diaper changed. This can be oh so fun when it's a messy diaper. I've become very creative and strong trying to change him.
He's such an active boy with no where to go. He'll just sit there and bop his head back and forth, flap his arms up and down, roll over and over, then sit up, then lay down and roll back over, trying to get somewhere but just can't do it. He's such a fun little guy. I'm having a blast raising him and I love him more and more each day. I can't get enough of him! It just keeps getting better and better.
P.s. We had is 9 month doctor's apt this week. He's in the 72% for weight and 98% (!) for height. He's a big boy!


1 comments:
Such a cute little guy!
Post a Comment