Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July Fun!

I started out my day at the gym. My plan was to come home and clean my house. Then pack for our cruise to The Caribbean. We were to leave early this morning. I was so excited about it. My workout was great because I was thinking I wasn't going to have to workout at my gym for a week and I was going to be laying around in the sun for a week. Well that all changed when I got home. Our cruise got cancelled! What?! I was so bummed! I slowly unpacked my half packed bag and took a shower. We'd been planning this trip for 6 months now. I was really looking forward to it but I decided I wasn't going to let it get me down. Why should I? I can't change it and the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. So I decided to buck up and make the most of the day. That's just what we did.

We went to my sister's house. She was so kind to have a barbecue for us. She planned and cook everything for it. We had such a blast!

Of coures this was the best part! Loved it!



After lunch we just hung out and talked











Christian and Alexis wanted to play dress up

And this one is my favorite. Hanna is so sweet! We enjoyed a creamy together. Later that day after the barbecue, they dropped me off at home and as I hugged her she stroked my hair and got real emotional. She said "Brynnly, I'm going to miss you so much! So much, Brynnly! I love your hair and I'm going to miss you!" (Even though I was going to see her in a few hours.) Funny girl!

After lunch and hanging out we strolled down to Annalisa's neighbor's house. She had bought this slide and kids went crazy on it! They loved it! Alexis was a bit afraid of it but kept trying it anyway. Christian saw it and didn't even hesitate. He ran up those stairs and down he went. Over and over and over again! I think the adults had more fun just watching the kids.



Yeah, I don't think that is your bike

I think Thomas was ready to call it a day!When we got back Alexis wanted to listen to Hannah Montana and they had a dance party on the bed

That night we went to Sugar House to watch the fireworks. This really is my favorite holiday. What's not to love? Barbecue, hanging out with the fam, the weather, fireworks! I love it! All in all, it was a great day!

4 comments:

annalisa said...

So that's where all my creamies went! :). We had fun no?

Rachel Teran said...

Well! At least you get to hang out at home and not work! I hope that everything is fun, nonetheless... except for Alan's grandma. I'll pray for you guys! We miss ya!!

Kate Rosenvall said...

Hey Brynnly...
How are you? Thanks for you sweet comment. It was fun to see you at Treo's shower. You are so darling. I'm glad you have a blog. It's always fun keeping up with what people are doing. It looks like you guys had a fabulous 4th of July celebration!
Marcae

Kerrie said...

what a fun day. I love the 4th.