to announce that we are PREGNANT! It's true! Our little one will be joining us in September! I was so thrilled when I took a pregnancy test. Here is how it all went down. Alan was crazy busy working Sundance. He didn't come home for a week! He worked round the clock, taking a few cat naps and then would be back to work. I would go in and bring him a change of clothes and some food. I woke up one morning from having a dream that I had a baby boy. He was the sweetest little baby! Pretty dang cute! It was such a real dream. When I woke up I decided it was a sign to take a test. Not 30 seconds later did it show a positive. I wanted to jump up and down and call everyone to tell them the news! Alan called me right after that and asked me to bring him a change of clothes. It was so hard to act casual as he asked me what I was up to. I ran to target and bought a baby blanket that said 'little monkey' on it. I put it in the bag with his clothes and hurried to the office. I handed him the bag and asked him to peek inside to make sure I brought the right clothes. As he opened it he looked at me, looked down, looked at me and pulled the blanket out and was shocked! He couldn't believe it! That was such an exciting day but so hard to keep my mouth shut!
Last week I told my family. We had a family birthday party for me and my little brother so I thought it'd be fun to make a baby theme cake. I brought it in and sat it on the table and everyone just stared for what seemed like a 10 minutes! Reality? 10 seconds. Then my brother finally yelled, "are you?!" It was such a relief to have them all know.
We went to our first doctor's visit 2 days ago. I felt kind of silly as I laid there on the table and cried looking at the ultra sound. To me all ultra sounds look the same. Except for this one because this one was mine! My heart melted as I saw the little heart beating and fluttering. As we were watching it, the baby put one hand behind his head, one leg came up and crossed over the other and did a full turn. Guess this baby likes the camera! It was the neatest experience to see this baby! I'm so excited to be a mom! Of course anxious, nervous, emotional! All the normal feelings that come with pregnancy.
It has been an interesting experience. At first I felt fine, just tired. I was still going strong at the gym and feeling invisible. HA, was I too confident! The day we got home from Vegas it hit and I've been feeling sick ever since. Forget the gym, forget cleaning my house, forget cooking, forget my skinny jeans! All I want to do is sleep, lay on the couch and wear sweats! Oh how I'm loving my sweats and my couch....for now!
Sunday, February 28, 2010
We are so excited.....
Posted by Brynnly and Alan at 4:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
I am so happy for you! Kids are amazing. You are going to be such a great mommy!!! CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you!
I am so happy for you guys!! You will be the cutest mommy Brynnly!!!
Yay! you'll start feeling like your self soon. The first few months can be rough. I'm so excited for you!
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you two. I was sick in the first trimester with this baby but now I'm feeling much better. I hope you feel better soon.
Congratulations B!!!! I'm so happy for you- take care of yourself during this time... :)
I am so excited for you. Babies are so much fun.
So excited for you! Please let's get together soon!
That is wonderful news! Congrats. You will be a fabulous mommy!
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys. I just got back from a trip so I just found out now. Hope you are feeling a little better! :)
I am so so so so excited for you sister! Congrats!!!
yeah.. Congrats to you. That is so exciting and your first is so much fun going through each little step. You will be amazed how much you'll love the little thing. I know you'll be an amazing mom. I to am having another little one and we just started telling people. Im 18 weeks and having a little boy.
Love you girly. Congrats again.
Post a Comment