Thursday, November 13, 2008

2nd Rule of Nutrition

Sorry it's been awhile since I've posted nutrition facts. The second rule of nutrition (and I'm not doing these in any particular order) is to drink your water. You already know this but do you do it? Drinking water is one of the most important things you can do when it comes to taking care of your body.
Drinking water actually boosts up your metabolism. How cool is that? When you first wake up drink 2 glasses. You have dehydrated your body all night so you are hydrating yourself and it'll boost your metabolism. Also, it can wake up a lazy stool. Another great reason to drink water is because it's pulling toxins out of your body. The more water you drink= the more toxins your body gets rid of. The more toxins you have in your body, the harder it is to be healthy. Which makes it hard to maintain a healthy weight. When you have too many toxins in your system it doesn't allow your body to get the oxygen it needs. The more oxygen you get= the more you lose weight, less stressed you are and the happier you'll be. :)
When you don't drink enough water you are creating so much havoc on your system. It will cause headaches, create more toxins, cause your organs to overwork (especially your kidneys) slow your metabolism, etc....The best way to tell if you are drinking enough is by checking your urine. What color is it? If its darker than the color of lemonade, you are dehydrated.
So how much water should you drink? AT LEAST 8 glasses a day. I don't really like that number because that is the minimum you should drink just to get by. I say closer to a gallon. I drink a gallon a day and it makes such a difference. If you aren't drinking even 8, work up to a gallon. It's hard a first but your body adjusts to it.
A question I get a lot is if any liquid is ok. Some people hate water. What is wrong with you?! ;) Water is the best way to go. Juice has a lot of sugar in it, soda makes you more dehydrated. Water is the best way to go. Try putting lemon in it. And none of this flavored water stuff. It has ingredients that are not good for you. Such as fake sugar. Did you know when you consume fake sugar your body creates more fat around your organs to protect them. It also makes you crave more sugar. Not good! So stick to water to hydrate yourself. Suck it up people! Suck it up! ;)
Hope this motivates you to drink more water! Good luck!

2 comments:

Coach Heather said...

Wow! I knew that if you weren't getting enough water your urine would be dark. But I have never really thought about it as boosting your motab lol An entire gallon of water is a LOT of water ha ha but I will sure try and I will try to get Troy to do the same:) Thanks for the healthy tips

Cindy said...

So I'm so glad you do this. I was reading it and immediately asked Clint to bring me a big glass of water. Sometimes I just forget or Gweny drinks my water. We only give her water, milk and occassionally juice. I want her to grow up with a healthier concept of food and your tips will remind me of this purpose. Keep it up!