Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th!

The 4Th of July might be my favorite holiday. Some people think I'm crazy. What about Christmas and Thanksgiving?! Yes, I love those holidays! The hustle and bustle, the yummy treats, the serving, the parties, etc... But I love the 4Th because it's summer and you get to barbecue, go swimming, watch fireworks and it's just laid back. There isn't a lot of stress involved. Just good food, family and hanging out. What's not to love?

We had a great time yesterday. We had a barbecue at my parents house. I tend to post so many pictures so I apologize for that. It's just hard to narrow them down.


Alan and my brother in law Brett cooking the food


My brother Dayne and niece Alexis. She loves her Uncle Dayne more than anything!


My sista's minus one. I love love love having sisters!


Chilaxin


My Dad and brother


The kiddos eating lunch (they crack me up!)


Getting ready to do a few fireworks of our own


Here are picture of Thomas watching the show. Hilarious!


Feeling brave in the beginning....



He ran back to have Alan hold him. He started to get a bit nervous. He wasn't quite sure what to think of the whole thing.... (P.s. He loves his Uncle Alan so much!)



Trying to be brave but just couldn't bare to look...



That's it! He had to go in the house but still wanted to see the action... (love his little nose pressed against the glass. Priceless!)


Feeling a bit more brave to watch the show with the door open.



Dayne putting on the show


This shirt is meant for me but whatever! ;)



My Dad was a mission president in Dallas, Texas 1990-1993. Every now and again we get one of his missionaries to come see us. Elder Eliason (I know he's not 'Elder' but he always will be to us) came to see us. He was one of our favorites. Shh, don't tell! He spent a lot of time with us since he was on of my Dad's assistance's. I'm so glad they came. They made our day much more entertaining! He's a prosecutor for a living and we sat around and heard some of his cases. Very fascinating to me! This is him and his cute family.



Then off we went to the see the fireworks in Sugar House Park. We love this tradition! Every year we walk down from my parents old house to Sugar House. It's about a mile or 2 walk. We love going and being in middle of the fun and action. Plus, they put on the best show! This year was extra special because it might be the last year they do a show. I am all about traditions so it will be hard to see this one die. Guess we'll have to make new ones. Here we are watching to showing...










3 comments:

Rachel Teran said...

Love the pictures! And I know what you mean about July 4th being your fave. Totally mine too! Love the food and atmosphere!!

I luh you! Also, we did keep our diet. The only time we cheated is Alex got a lemonade. Proud?!

P.S. We're getting dumbbells and a pull up bar. We'll be Brynnly's in no time sister!

annalisa said...

The best holiday eva! Thomas is so cute and funny. I'm sad I missed the great conversation with Eliason :(, but it was good to see him. That's a pretty sweet picture of you and your sister, who took it? Oh yeah, that's right, I did.

Allie and Reed said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great 4th of July.